- At Pineview Cottage, we recognize our residents as the special individuals they are. Life is much more than physical health; it also includes the health of the human spirit. And when physical health begins to fail, the nurturing of the spirit becomes critical for maintaining the dignity of the individuals
- Pineview Cottage is dedicated to Making Life Better—Life with a Real Sense of Purpose
- We should promote awareness in the way we understand aging, growing old and the role of eldership
- We must strive to understand all the things that are important to those with Alzheimer’s and dementia—we want to provide them with the care, support and inspiration they need to lead lives with a real sense of purpose
- We must make a basic attitudinal shift: Dementia is our teacher. Rather than simply a disease, dementia has purpose and meaning. Rather than being people simply in need of our care, people who forget can teach us about life and living. Rather than a burden, people with dementia offer us an opportunity to deepen ourselves, to go deeper into our souls
- We must not think of people with Alzheimer’s as not having ability. They have an ability to feel and interact and WE need to try and enter into their world and not make them live in ours
- Pineview Cottage is designed to make life easier for those with Alzheimer’s disease and other memory impairments, along with their family members. Our unique, specialty communities, combined with the exceptional care and lifestyle, enables families to spend quality time with loved ones instead of worrying about their care and well-being
We are known for promoting relationships of trust, confidence and loyalty through the quality of our services, the honesty of our people and involvement in our community.